Couponing can be very confusing, especially at the beginning. A lot of people want to coupon but are just not sure of how to do it or where to start. I am not an expert at anything, but I am proud of how money I am able to save on everyday items like groceries and toiletries. When I started couponing, it took me a tremendous amount of time. I went to all the wrong sites, downloaded all the wrong apps and wasted time, which time is money-so not cool! I learned the best resources for coupons and how to not waste my time or money. Below, are some tips on how and where to start when you’re trying to coupon.
Where To Find Coupons:
- Newspapers-sometimes go on Monday and ask for just the ads from Sunday’s paper at a Gas Station, a lot of times they’ll give you them for free
- Coupons.com– you have to print them
How To Earn Cashback When You Shop
Apps for me are the easiest and best way to earn cashback when shopping. But there are two online sites that I use when I shop online.
The best apps to use for cashback are:
- Receipt Hog-you submit your receipts to the app, you then earn points and for so many points you get money to Paypal or Amazon (your choice).
- Ibotta-I look ahead on the app to see what products count towards the rebates. For certain products you scan the barcode and submit your receipt, you earn certain amount of money for each item.
- Checkout 51-this has the same concept as Ibotta.
- Shopkick-features coupons but the major thing is the app gives you points and rebate money for certain stores and products. It also gives you points for just walking in certain stores! Then earn so many points and you can get gift cards to stores.
Apps and paper coupons are the best way to save money. Also some extra tips for couponing:
- Don’t just buy items because you have a coupon for it, if I don’t need a coupon or I won’t use it, I gift it to somebody or leave it on the aisle the product is in the store.
- Don’t buy coupons-I’ve seen people do this and not only is it illegal, but it’s a waste of money, you can get them for free.
- Know that you can double up on coupons when you have a manufacturer coupon and a store coupon (*differs for each store).